14 Questions To Ask Your End Users When Purchasing Intercom Systems
To provide true value to your customers, we have to first start by asking the right questions. Here are some questions which can help you decide the right solutions for your customers.
1. Does your customer need audio, video or both?
2. What installation type are your customers looking for?
3. Does your customer need any access control?
If they need Audio Visual & Access control, they can go for Intercom.
If they need only Access Control, they can go for Access Unit.
Type of Access Unit
Bluetooth (Yes or No)
Fingerprint (Yes or No)
RFID (13.56 MHz, or 125 kHz, NFC, or All?)
Keypad (Yes or No)
Also, identify if the access control is for authorised people only or for visitors as well to determine if your end users need any visitor cards.
4. Does your customer have an existing access control based on cards?
2N supports almost all existing cards so your customers can use the cards they're currently using.
Frequency: 13.56 MHz & 125 kHz, NFC
Supported 13.56 MHz cards (only card serial number is read): EM4100, EM4102, Mifare Classic 1k & 4k, DESFire EV1, Mini, Plus S&X, SmartMX, Ultralight, Ultralight C, SLE44R35, my-d move (SLE66Rxx), PayPass, Legic Advant Calypso, CEPAS, Moneo, SRI512, SRT512, SRI4K, SRIX4K, PicoPass, HID iCLASS (also PACS ID from iCLASS SE, iCLASS SEOS)
Supported 125 kHz cards: EM4100, EM4102
5. Does your customer need visitors to be able to get in touch with multiple different extensions?
Extensions can refer to apartment, department, company, users, etc.
Physical buttons (Yes or No)
How many buttons?
Touch display which combines directory and keypad for PIN & extension dial. (Yes or No)
6. Does your customer need any lift control?
7. Does your customer need any tamper switch?
Nobody likes an intruder which is why tamper switch is essential to detect any attempt to break into the unit.
8. Does your customer need any security relay?
Install a security relay to avoid any unauthorised person from breaking into the unit and to also prevent anyone from using an external battery to open the door.
9. Does your customer need any power supply?
By default, 2N® is built with POE without Injectors. Be sure to check if your customers need any POE Injector (U.S or EU Plug).
10. Does your customer need any answering units?
Audio Only = Indoor Talk
Audio Video = Indoor Compact
Audio Video and Integration with Home Automation = Indoor Touch
11. Does your customer need any home automation integration?
*Do note that currently only Indoor Touch is compatible with home automation integration.
12. What colours are your customers looking for?
Available colours for Intercoms and Access Control: Black or Silver
Available colours for Answering Units: Black or White
13. What is your customer's use case?
From here, we can find out whether your customer is currently using an existing system or if it's their first ever installation on intercom system. If they already have an existing system, find out the reasons they're changing (uncover their pain points) in order to provide the right solutions to solve your customer's problems.
14. How urgent is this requirement?
This can give you an idea as to how serious a problem is.
Blog source: 2N®